Monday 11 June 2012

when hope leaves

i had this idea of a possessed earth by satanic force in which satan is the sun. so i drew the sun with an eye and the long rays of light it emits are the demons fading into the atmosphere reaching to the earth surface. 

but then i had a hard time imagining a possessed earth throughout the weekend. while i was trying effortlessly to come up with something that can depict an earth i came across this song called Hope Leaves which is one of my favorites of Opeth's. to me this song is about coping with a death of a loved one and struggling to nurture what's left of that person - the memories. in the end he give up as there is no hope of this person returning back, so hope leaves. 

i don't know why i decided to write my interpretation of the song, i guess this gives more insight to the art work + how i came up with it. Anyways this song made me think of a girl under the moonlight who is drowning herself into the ocean and i took that idea and implanted it here x). I drew her face as if she is looking towards 'YOU' and saying you have failed on me. Her face is very sad looking + her hope has been drained and she no longer wants to live hence she surrenders herself to the satan to be destroyed.  

hahaha i know! I am laughing at myself too x'D

As for the art movement i am thinking of going for expressionism +  realism + some more.  



1 comment:

  1. A new meaning to the concept of global warming themed art interpretation. Banzai nix! ;)

    ReplyDelete